- Pay employees fairly and well, and then get them to forget about money.
- Treat each and every employee with respect. Show them that you care about them as individuals, not just as workers.
- Praise accomplishments… and attempts:
- Both large and small
- Verbally and in writing
- At least 4 times more than you “criticise”
- Promptly (as soon as observed)
- Publicly & and in private
- Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities and expectations. NEVER criticise in public – redirect in private.
- Recognise performance appropriately and consistently:
- Reward outstanding performance (e.g., with promotions and opportunities)
- Do not tolerate sustained poor performance – coach & train or remove!
- Involve employees in plans and decisions, especially those that affect them. Solicit their ideas and opinions. Encourage initiative.
- Create opportunities for employees to learn & grow. Link the goals of the organisation with the goals of each individual in it.
- Actively listen to employees concerns – both work-related and personal.
- Share information – promptly, openly and clearly. Tell the truth & with compassion.
- Celebrate successes and milestones reached – organisational and personal. Create an organisational culture that is open, trusting and fun.
Business Development Manager – Edge Computing UK Wide Competitive Base + Uncapped Comm Plan
Sales Manager – Retail and Supply Chain UK Wide Six Figure Base + Competitive Bonus/Commission Plan
Strategic Account Manager – Sustainability/Social Value UK Wide Competitive Base + Uncapped Comm + Fantastic Benefits
- Vin Murria withdraws from M&C Saatchi bidding war with huge profitThere has never been a sure-fire way of making money. But the closest I hav…
- *UKHotViewsExtra* Getting to know PSA specialist KantataFormed from the merger of Kimble and Mavenlink, Kantata is a dedicated prof…
- Wayve scales up autonomous vehicle tech with Microsoft supercomputingUK start-up Wayve is to use supercomputer infrastructure designed for it by…