- Pay employees fairly and well, and then get them to forget about money.
- Treat each and every employee with respect. Show them that you care about them as individuals, not just as workers.
- Praise accomplishments… and attempts:
- Both large and small
- Verbally and in writing
- At least 4 times more than you “criticise”
- Promptly (as soon as observed)
- Publicly & and in private
- Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities and expectations. NEVER criticise in public – redirect in private.
- Recognise performance appropriately and consistently:
- Reward outstanding performance (e.g., with promotions and opportunities)
- Do not tolerate sustained poor performance – coach & train or remove!
- Involve employees in plans and decisions, especially those that affect them. Solicit their ideas and opinions. Encourage initiative.
- Create opportunities for employees to learn & grow. Link the goals of the organisation with the goals of each individual in it.
- Actively listen to employees concerns – both work-related and personal.
- Share information – promptly, openly and clearly. Tell the truth & with compassion.
- Celebrate successes and milestones reached – organisational and personal. Create an organisational culture that is open, trusting and fun.
Client Director – ICT Managed Services North UK An attractive Base + un-capped commission plan
Senior Account Manager – West Midlands West Midlands/Worcestershire Attractive Base and uncapped comm plan
Business Development Manager – Cyber West Midlands/Worcestershire Attractive Base + Uncapped Commission Plan
- NHS Wales agrees £39m Microsoft dealNHS Wales has agreed a new enterprise deal with Microsoft to provide staff…
- Woodford to sell stake in LBB UltrahapticsThe fall out from the Neil Woodford affair is spreading far and wide. I adm…
- Confident TransferWise heads statesideTransferWise, the UK based, FinTech “Unicorn” founded by Taavet Hinrikus, i…