- ScaleUp Conference 2022 (Sponsored Post)The ScaleUp Conference is in London on the 15th of November 2022. The event…
- Pay.UK sunsets Paym mobile paymentsPay.UK, the payments operator and standards organisation for the retail int…
- New £50m cyber academy to benefit UK-US relationshipA new £50m UK centre will support the training of world-class cyber experts…
Account Manager – Defence
South UK — Attractive Base + Uncapped Commission Plan
|My client continues to grow and cement its position within Defence as the go-to VAR and Managed Service Provider. Its year on year growth now needs an experienced Senior Account Manager charged with maintaining and growing our In-Direct and Security Services. This new role will focus on finding new business whilst further establishing our share of wallet in our installed customer base. The successful candidate will work alongside Director, Defence and Security and the Business Development Executive to drive this area of business forward. The ideal applicant will have proven sales pedigree, preferably within Defence and be comfortable operating at a senior level.
Specialist duties and responsibilities:
1. Utilise own network and demand generation activity to develop new potential customers by qualifying and tracking leads, researching and identifying key contacts, establishing business relationships, qualifying new accounts and engaging with customers at all levels in order to build a solid go-forward pipeline of business opportunities.
2. Increase my client’s Defence market share by developing and closing business opportunities with new and existing customers across the Defence sector.
3. Leveraging the Company’s portfolio to meet an existing or emergent business need and maintaining direct contact and interaction with my client’s Services to ensure future roadmaps are understood and managed coherently.
4. To meet/exceed sales targets and promote all products and services Centerprise offers.
5. To effectively contribute to ensuring the business unit attains its approved budget.
6. Being prepared for and attending: weekly management meetings, monthly business reviews and quarterly business reviews; this includes ensuring all required reports are up to date.
7. Creating solutions alongside Services and working with the Bid Management Team to deliver competitive proposals, and ensure compliance with the stated governance processes.
8. Maintaining ownership for tenders relating to MoD In-Direct opportunities.
9. Collecting and managing the necessary competitive advantage by establishing business intelligence through close engagement with all stakeholders.
10. Maintaining strategic partner relationships that are critical to growing the installed base and turnover of the business unit.
11. Develop broader domain knowledge and experience to allow for portfolio development within Centerprise and take on greater responsibilities as the business grows.
As with all personnel within the business, the individual will also be required to show:
· A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
· A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
· A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group