- Free Analysis: What is the impact of COVID-19 on IT outsourcing sector? (Sponsored Post)The outbreak that started at the beginning of 2020 gives us cause to look a…
- Thriva adds £4m to the kitty and a DIY COVID-19 antibody testI am not a fan of ‘sold-on-the-web’ DIY medical tests – more so now in the…
- Compass Group dines on ‘intelligent lunch’ start-up FeedrNow is not a good time to be a food delivery start-up serving lunch to peop…
Bid and Framework Manager
The successful candidate will be performing a similar role already, will have bid management and project management experience, and will have demonstrable experience of working within a successful bid team in a medium to large enterprise.
The individual must have demonstrable experience working within the Information, Communication and Technology sector, and preferably within the UK public sector. A demonstrable track record of winning new business in competitive situations is a must, as is possessing strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to work effectively when faced with exacting deadlines, author succinct responses and be able to develop and articulate cogent propositions in a well-structured and concise manner.
The individual must have the presence and strength of character to manage a multi-disciplinary team, be entirely comfortable with briefing upwards and be able to respond with reasoned argument when challenged. Attention to detail is a necessary quality along with the ability to work methodically and efficiently when under pressure.
Whilst sales experience is not vital, a good understanding of UK public sector procurement processes is required and it would be expected that the candidate can demonstrate good commercial acumen and have experience of managing new business deals through a robust sales governance process.
The Bid Manager will:
• Have line management responsibility for the Bid Management Team whose remit includes:
o Identifying suitable sales opportunities released through established framework agreements or via the OJEU open tender process.
o Developing and maintaining collateral to be used in sales pursuits.
o Assisting with the completion of PQQs and ITT submissions.
o Coordinating and managing the Company’s sales governance process.
o Facilitating the bid process by registering interest to participate in a procurement, posing/ capturing responses to clarifications and submitting completed bids.
o Producing and reporting on management information to contracting authorities.
• Be responsible for the effective end-to-end management to strategic company pursuits; this will involve assembling and coordinating the activity of a multi-disciplinary bid team comprising suitable representation from all relevant functional areas such as business, technical, finance and HR.
• Be the senior person responsible for maintaining and developing the Company’s relationship with Public Sector procurement organisations such as Crown Commercial Services and National Procurement Service.
• Relentlessly review the quality and relevance of the client submission, capturing and sharing of response materials and be the brand guardian on response tone and voice.
• Conduct win strategy labs, contributing to the analysis of customer requirements and priorities and working with the sales force to develop win themes for all strategic bids.
• Brief senior management on the progress of all ongoing strategic pursuits, ensuring all risks to completing a successful pursuit are highlighted at the first opportunity.
• Provide bid support and oversight to business unit directors/managers and account managers on pursuits managed within a business unit.
• Highlight, as required, the need for external subject matter experts or external bid support and provide details on the level of experience, expertise and number of days’ effort required.
As with all personnel within the business, the individual will also be required to show:
• A commitment to comply with the Company’s Information Security Policy
• A commitment to promptly report any security weaknesses or incidents
• A commitment to adopt and maintain a Health and Safety culture within the Group
Collaborate & Influence
Conviction & Courage
Drive for Results
Focus & Prioritisation
Partners with others to break down artificial silos by influencing others at all levels and working collaboratively around shared need or customer benefit.
Strongly advocates and defends his/her own viewpoint and those of others who he/she manages and works alongside.
Focusses others to drive for results holding people accountable for meeting commitments, encouraging them to persevere when faced with setbacks.
Uses a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement to make high-level decisions that may also significantly impact other groups and encourages others to do the same.
Understands the business and inter-dependencies applying this knowledge to making good decisions and thinks 6-12 months ahead, recognising trends and taking advantage of potential opportunities.
Develops stretch goals and objectives, with minimal guidance, sets clear boundaries and priorities for employees, managing interdependencies with other groups/units, anticipating and overcoming problems/setbacks effectively.
Gathers and analyses information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations at an individual level and facilitating problem solving in meetings and groups.
• Has extensive, demonstrable experience working within the ICT sector
• Has extensive, demonstrable experience working within a fast paced, IT focused bid team within a medium/large enterprise
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of the UK public sector procurement process
• The ability to comprehend, (not design), complex IT solutions and IT Managed Services
• Some experience in sales, ideally in the public sector
• Experience of IT solution implementation
• Knowledge of business development
• Good commercial awareness
• Proven record of authorising winning proposals
• Strong computer skills with experience of the full MS suite
• Good knowledge of ISO accreditations such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 27001
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
• Analytical with outstanding attention to detail
• Proactive approach to managing work priorities and deadlines
• Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure
• Be a team player but also have the ability to work independently
• A desire to keep abreast of the latest technological developments
• Technically minded
• A graduate of business, social sciences or languages
• Possess post-graduate management qualifications
• Available to travel as required
• Security Clearance
Courage To Challenge
Ensure customer satisfaction is our number one priority
Be true to your work and go the extra mile to deliver on your promise
Have the strength to make a difference and don’t be afraid to constructively challenge the status quo
Be innovative and do all that is reasonable to deliver a positive outcome
Giving your time and energy in the best interests of the Company