- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Business Development Manager
South UK — Competitive Salary x 2 OTE + uncapped comm plan
Role context and purpose:
This position’s primary responsibilities include identifying new business opportunities, developing qualified leads and responding to sales enquiries looking to purchase the full range of my clients products and services through targeted outbound calling and closing business. You’ll possess superior negotiation and effective follow-up skills, have the ability to respond and work under pressure, whilst naturally carrying a sales quota. Your communication skills will allow you effectively build relationships and progress sales process through web conference, face to face meetings and via the telephone.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quota
- Maximise revenues in value-based solution sales
- Develop new business campaigns to the Co
- Generate new business leads
- Qualify sales enquiries
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Management of the quality of overall deliverables throughout the whole sales process including peer review of other’s output.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well my clients solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required.
- Maintain clear business understanding of how existing customers are impacted by using my clients solutions
Key Performance Indicators (against each key accountability):
- Quarterly tracking against annual revenue targets
- Leads per month via internal and external sources (Self-generated, Lead Gen Team, Channel, External partners)
- High Volume of self-generated leads.
- KPIs, documentation, process tracked via MS Dynamics
- Close and conversion rates
Main Contacts (external/internal):
Client Leads and Opportunities – Daily to create and develop sales process.
Sales Management – Daily for coaching and leadership
Marketing and Lead Gen team – Daily for lead generation and campaign development
Solutions Architects – Daily responding to RFI’s, RFQ’s
Operations and Proposition – Weekly to support with client responses and development of propositions to market.
The following points are generic:
Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director.
The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
|Education & Qualifications||Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or relevant commercial experience.
Full UK Driving Licence.
|Experience||Proven commercial experience in a high transactional new business sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling ideally within the IT/ Technology sector (hosting or managed service industry preferred).
Strong B2B full life cycle solutions sales experience.
Experience of strategic selling at Technical or CxO Level.
Superior professional presence and business acumen.
Extensive experience of operating in virtual team environments.
|Competencies & Skills||Proven ability to meet and exceed targets in the shape of an annual quota with commission earnings potential.
Proven business development and knowledge to a territory / vertical, and deliver thought leadership to the business and target market.
Excellent customer service skills with strong presentation and written skills.
Self-starter, highly aggressive and motivated to provide the highest
possible level of responsiveness and performance from a team of people.
Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member, along with the ability to apply logical thinking and a good reasoning ability.
The ability to work effectively with people in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and drive results monthly.
Ability to use Microsoft packages, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point in order to present accurate, high quality and compelling client proposals.
|Knowledge||Professional Sales training and sales process knowledge.
Internet and business savvy with a proficient knowledge of MS Office programs.
Broad, relevant knowledge of technology.
Excellent understanding of customer needs and the ability to translate these into project deliverables.