- Strengthening SAP making progressThe Q1 reporting season is swinging into view and SAP is one of the earlier…
- Cerner secures £25m Epsom and St Helier EPR dealFollowing on from yesterday's article about Cerner's expanding pr…
- Surgical healthtech Proximie set to scale with $38m Series BInspirational UK healthtech startup Proximie has just closed a $38m Series…
Business Development Manager – Enterprise
UK Wide — An attractive base with uncapped commission plan
The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales and revenue goals for industry verticals and market segments within an assigned region by developing and acquiring named enterprise and mid-market clients. Self-generation of new leads; generating, actioning and closing warm leads through direct communication with named prospects. The incumbent will understand specific corporate objectives/philosophy/business drivers and execute a business plan to deliver solutions.
- Build a sales strategy in support of growing new lines of business through face-to-face and telephone interactions with prospects and existing customers to maximize opportunities and generate sales activity in collaboration with the Lead Development; Marketing and Indirect Sales teams.
- Understanding the customer’s requirements and preferences, and with knowledge of my clients full portfolio of offerings, communicate our value proposition and strategies and provide the technical assistance to close the sales order.
- Developing and managing account plans, pipeline accuracy and sales forecasting.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving individual specific monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Lead approach on all aspects of the sales engagement process, acting as primary contact to prospects and customers, inclusive of pre-sales, active sales, negotiation, legal discussions, close and handoff for implementation and post-sales support.
- Immersion and accuracy with the CRM associated with tracking of all activities inclusive of calls, emails, leads, events, opportunities, accounts and forecasting.
- Collaborate on the creation of and participate in marketing events, such as trade shows and seminars.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Follow internal sales processes including the use of CRM systems, order entry, and production of client facing material.
- Must have a proven track record of developing a territory by prospecting, not relying on inbound leads.
- Must be able to identify and contact decision makers through cold calls, research and networking with existing and new clients or other representatives in your targeted industry.
- Demonstrate commanding knowledge of target customers, existing competitors in the marketplace and industry trends that may impact a buying decision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop new and creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to perform activities involving cooperation, instruction, persuasion and verbal communication
- Able to accurately forecast anticipated monthly and quarterly revenue.
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills combined with a winning customer focused attitude.
- University degree or equivalent relevant working experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience incorporating value/service selling.
- Experience in strategic selling at the Executive level in a technology-related industry, such as ICT services, hardware, software, etc.
- Experience working with marketing to collaborate on events and prospecting campaigns to build out a territory.
- Experience in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires the incumbent to undergo an education, employment and work history background check.