- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Business Development Manager – Scotland
Scotland — Attractive Base + Uncapped Comm Plan
Role context and purpose:
This position’s primary responsibilities include identifying new business opportunities, developing qualified leads and responding to sales enquiries looking to purchase my clients full range of products and services through targeted outbound calling and closing business. You’ll possess superior negotiation and effective follow-up skills, have the ability to respond and work under pressure, whilst naturally carrying a sales quota. Your communication skills will allow you effectively build relationships and progress sales process through web conference, face to face meetings and via the telephone.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quota
- Maximise revenues in value-based solution sales
- Develop new business campaigns to the Co
- Generate new business leads
- Qualify sales enquiries
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Management of the quality of overall deliverables throughout the whole sales process including peer review of other’s output.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well my clients solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required.
- Maintain clear business understanding of how existing customers are impacted by using my clients solutions
Key Performance Indicators (against each key accountability):
Quarterly tracking against annual revenue targets
- Leads per month via internal and external sources (Self-generated, Lead Gen Team, Channel, External partners)
- Create self-generated leads.
- KPIs, documentation, process tracked via MS Dynamics
- Close and conversion rates
Main Contacts (external/internal):
Client Leads and Opportunities – Daily to create and develop sales process.
Sales Management – Daily for coaching and leadership
Marketing and Lead Gen team – Daily for lead generation and campaign development
Solutions Architects – Daily responding to RFI’s, RFQ’s
Operations and Proposition – Weekly to support with client responses and development of propositions to market.