- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Business Development Manager – Security Vendor
Basingstoke — Attractive Salary + uncapped OTE with Share Options etc...
My client is a leading cloud-based security software vendor bringing enterprise-class security and flexibility to over 4,000 customers around the world. With their HQ in Basingstoke UK they help organisations embrace the cloud without compromising security or frustrating users
Purpose of Role
This role is critical to the success of my client as they continue to grow their business into mid to large Enterprises across the globe. Key to this success will be the effective management of existing partnerships and the on-boarding of new channel partners through direct engagement with end user customers.
The primary purpose of this role is to meet and preferably exceed the sales targets agreed within the Business Development Plan. This will be achieved through building, managing and delivering against your sales pipeline together with other activities appropriate to your target market
1) Design and document an annual Business Development Plan that delivers your annual sales targets and associated objectives for which you have responsibility.
2) Promote for mutual advantage the services of the company’s channel partners and the services of the company with its channel partners in order to generate potential business opportunities for both.
3) Develop strategies and other activities in conjunction with the Sales Director (including but not limited to the generation and publications of articles/Thought Leadership Pieces, campaigns, speaking engagements, events, networking, etc.) to generate leads and ensure these are qualified into prospects applying the methodology used by the business.
4) Qualify and prioritise prospects; progress those where the commercial benefit to the company is greatest and manage the process of turning those prospects into sales.
5) Lead or attend sales presentations as required to position larger pitches
6) Lead contract negotiations as required with the prospect and liaise with Legal to ensure all contracts meet the company’s requirements and are signed by both
7) Develop, support and maintain robust sales processes that are consistent and repeatable ensuring all proposals are delivered to the highest standards of quality and are commercial.
8) Review sales performance on a weekly basis, initiate where necessary strategies designed to mitigate any shortfalls in actual or forecast performance .
9) Report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and other internal stakeholders as appropriate on sales performance in line with any agreed frequency.
10) Develop an in depth understanding of your target market(s) and the potential opportunities within them to do more business. Identify the right networks and contacts and develop and nurture the relationships necessary to exploit these opportunities
11) Drive new business and provide direct input where this is required to close the business.
12) Create and maintain records of all sales activity and progress within the Company’s CRM system and on a timely basis.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has achieved and exceeded sales targets consistently in a similar role in an organisation who has adopted a channel sales model.
- Has experience in selling IT security.
- Security sales experience and a track record of success in this field.
- Energetic new business ‘hunter’
- Highly skilled at developing and implementing strategies that grow business and maintain performance.
- Has a thorough understanding of the products and service the company provides, the opportunities it has to grow and of the verticals it does business with.
- Strongly commercial, highly driven and well networked.
- Understands the value of and follows sales processes and uses CRM systems effectively.
- Proactive and tenacious, has a strategic mind-set who can turn strategies into tangible and actionable plans capable of delivering the required results.
- Excellent written communication skills and is able to produce coherent and compelling proposals.
- A strong and effective communicator who is highly skilled at developing effective working relationships both internally and externally and who builds trust easily.
This job description defines the role as it exists now. It is not meant to represent an exclusive description of the job holder’s responsibilities as these may vary from time to time in line with the needs of the business. This role may change and evolve over time and any changes will be communicated appropriately