- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
New Business Sales
South UK with HQ in Basingstoke — To attract the best with uncapped commission plan
My client is a modern technical services provider, we design, build, and manage ICT solutions for some
of the most demanding customers in the world.
Combining consultancy expertise, technical knowledge and industry experience with ‘best of breed’
technologies, my client has earned a reputation as an innovative technical system integrator capable of
successfully optimising end-to-end next generation communication networks.
My client is a growing organisation, and this is a great opportunity to join us at a very exciting time for
the business. This is a chance to be part of a strong organisation with great long-term prospects,
career growth and learning.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The New Business Account Manager has three primary responsibilities:
• Identifying new sales leads
• Pitching products, solution and/or services
• Building and developing fruitful relationships with existing and potential customers
You will be responsible for uncovering and developing New Business for my client, primarily within the
designated market areas advised by the Sales Management team (currently this will be the Central and
Local Government markets and selected Public Sector clients), additionally
you will develop business in designated existing accounts already known to my client. You will be
responsible for driving margin through establishing new and developing existing relationships within the
Generate new contacts with potential customers at a strategic level through the use of self-generated
demand generation and through relationships with Vendor partners or by the way of existing
connections. Establish and develop C-Level and senior management level ‘’trusted advisor’’
relationships to understand their business challenges and enable you to position solutions from my clients
To commence and increase sales penetration in those accounts by working with virtual teams across
the whole business, the wider Group and with our Vendor partners, identifying and
closing new opportunities within your account set.
Leverage the business propositions to engage at C-Level and have high level strategic
Demand Generation, day-to-day duties typically include:
• Researching organisations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new
leads and potential new markets
• Researching the needs of potential client companies and learning who makes decisions about
purchasing, reviewing Annual reports etc.
• Contacting existing and potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives to develop new opportunities both internally
and with our Vendor companies
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to generate new opportunities
• Using Social Media for Demand generation activity working closely with the Social Media Expert
in the Marketing Team.
• Identifying and winning strategic new business opportunities with New Clients with a
particular focus on our differentiators in Professional Services, Managed Services and
Annuity based services.
• Develop account plans to establish & build on new or existing dormant relationships across
your portfolio of Key Accounts.
• Achieve your personal margin target in both new and existing clients.
• Attend customer meetings and present value proposition of my clients solutions at C-Level
within your accounts.
• Determine strategic client needs and identify ways of further optimising account growth this
could include teaming up with other account managers to cross-fertilize technologies.
• Accurately identify growth potential within your portfolio by regular account planning and
relationship mapping sessions, in accordance with our Sales methodologies.
• Work with my client and vendor Marketing Teams to identify targeted campaigns and generate
further business opportunities.
• Provide accurate margin-based forecasts based upon when the revenue for each contract is
recognised, adopting the Company standard forecasting, CRM and on-line diary tools as
• Engage the resource required to enable you to build and lead a virtual team in sales campaigns
– this should be wide, all encompassing, including commercial, technical and operational
aspects of a project.
• Build and maintain high quality relationships with customers, vendors and internal colleagues,
ensuring that the Company strategy with regard to creating inspired relationships is adhered
• Work with the Annuity Team to maximise opportunities for annual maintenance and
other annuity renewals.
• Follow the Company and Vendor deal registration processes
• Adhere to the Company methodology for producing quality proposals and quotations for
• Demonstrate the Company values at all times in behaviour and attitude:
a. Customer Success
The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive