- Gravitee.io raises $11m for API management platformOpen source API management company, Gravitee.io, has raised $11m in a Serie…
- Interesting PSA progress for Unit4 with RSM extensionFollowing the positive Q2 update released yesterday Unit4 has shared news o…
- Starling's revenues soar as losses shrinkUK challenger bank, Starling, has published its latest year-end financials,…
New Business Sales
UK Wide — Attractive Base x 2 OTE uncapped
Established in 2006, my client is an award-winning Connected Cloud Solutions business that boasts the highest Net Promoter Score (NPS) in the industry, 86 (Dec 2020). Underlying its services is their national fibre network, which is the most connected network
in the UK. My client has a strong company culture enjoyed by 140 staff and was ranked as outstanding
in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for awards.
My client supports the needs of 1,150 customers, including 200 channel resellers, with services
covering connectivity, SD-WAN, SASE, cyber security, IT managed services, mobile, IoT, UCaaS and
CCaaS. It doesn’t just provide its customers with off the shelf solutions but consults with them to
design solutions that complement their in-house IT structures. My client takes complex hybrid multisite environments and makes them simple and secure, so end-users can access their business
application wherever they are.
Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one
of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People, in 2021 were
awarded the 2-star outstanding accreditation from Best Companies and in 2020 we ranked 36th in the Sunday Times best small companies to work for in London.
The Sales Consultants role is to identify, attract, sign up and nurture new direct customers with a focus
on mid-market (100-2000 employees). This involves developing a strategic plan, identifying key targets
based on a deep understanding of various verticals and my clients capabilities.
There will be four routes to acquiring new customers: –
• Leads from internal telesales teams
• Lead Generation from external lead agency
• Self-Generated leads
• Cross sell into some of the existing customer base
The key purpose of the role is to acquire new customers, using techniques including cold-calling,
networking and attending events, in addition to managing and converting telesales leads. Having successfully brought a new customer on board, the Sales Consultant then has responsibility for
overseeing and nurturing the establishment of an effective and mutually beneficial customer
relationship and ensuring a successful handover to account management post sale/transition.
This role requires a dynamic individual who is commercially astute, has strong negotiation skills, and
is able to build solutions using our unique platform to meet customer objectives.
The Sales Consultant will be targeted on an annual basis, with achievable but challenging targets. In
return, successful candidates will enjoy an excellent package with fantastic growth potential in this
rapidly expanding organisation.
As a Sales Consultant you will be expected to do the following:
• Researching and understanding verticals and sweet spot prospects (100-2000 employee
mid-market size businesses)
• Maintaining a strong understanding of all my clients products – SD-WAN, SASE, UCAAS,
CCAAS, Cyber security and mobile
• Identifying key targets
• Documenting and presenting a strategic acquisition plan
• Ability to take initiative and produce results
Acquiring new customers
• Lead generation – cold-calling, networking, referrals etc.
• Converting inbound leads generated by telemarketing
• Lead nurturing – meetings, presentations, conference calls, proposals etc.
• Contracting – preparing and securing contractual documentation
• Working with marketing to generate campaigns
• Vendor alignment with all our key partners for lead generation
• Be consultative, establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects
Nurturing newly acquired customers
• Managing the delivery stage of the sales cycle
• Representing the customer’s needs within the organisation to ensure successful customer
• Once a customer is won, and transition is complete the customer will be handled by the
Account Management team, this role is 100% new businessTeam Management and Administration
• Provide accurate, reliable forecasts as well as achieve your own sales targets to help the
company manage its growth with confidence.
• Proficiency maintaining and updating relevant Salesforce CRM records
• Building propositions and business cases
• Placing orders through Salesforce CRM
• Reporting against KPIs: updating pipeline weekly and providing updates, tracking meetings,
calls product mix etc
• Collating and driving insight through the other teams
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change to meet the changing needs
of the business.
Experience / Qualifications
• A proven track record of success in competitive sales environment is essential.
• Experience of selling Digital Workplace, Communications, Cloud and Managed Services
• A driven, hungry, and dynamic salesperson
• A self-starter that can be or is very well networked.
• Leads negotiations, coordinates complex decision-making process, and overcomes
objections to capture new business opportunities.
• Experience of SCOTSMAN sales process
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
• Must be target orientated, driven and have a competitive edge.
• Knowledge of the industry is essential.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Persuasive and resourceful