- AWS Data Exchange unlocks access to vast data resourcesAmazon Web Services (AWS) has announced AWS Data Exchange, which enables cu…
- Snowplow scoops up £4m to clear path to customer data insightsI always worry whether there is room in the market for more customer data a…
- Mimecast stops spoofing with DMARC Analyzer acquisitionMimecast boosted its email authentication capabilities with the purchase of…
New Business Sales – Service Provider
South UK — Attractive Base x 2 OTE plus Company benefits
My clients vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission critical applications and data.
Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70 as at Feb19 against a telecoms industry average of 35.
We are backed by a market leading private equity investor, which gives us investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we ranked in the best small Companies to work for.
With that in mind, we are looking for a Sales Executive to work in our growing Sales Team.
The Sales Executive role is to identify, attract, sign up and nurture new direct customers with a focus on mid-market (250-5,000 seats). This involves developing a strategic plan, identifying key targets based on a deep understanding of various verticals and my clients capabilities. The key purpose of the role is to acquire new customers, using techniques including cold-calling, networking and attending events, in addition to managing and converting inbound leads. Having successfully brought a new customer on board, the Sales Executive then has responsibility for overseeing and nurturing the establishment of an effective and mutually beneficial customer relationship for up to six months from the contract, ensuring a successful handover to account management.
This role also carries additional responsibilities, supporting the Head of New Business in delivering team performance. These involve taking the lead in certain team activities, including leading calling sessions, collating key team reports and helping manage the full team pipeline. The Sales Executive also helps drive increased activity through their individual and team KPI’s, as well as coaching more junior members of the team when required. He/she is expected to be comfortable working independently, with minimal supervision.
The Sales Executive will be targeted on a monthly basis, with achievable but challenging targets. In return, successful candidates will enjoy an excellent package with fantastic growth potential in this rapidly expanding organisation.
As a Sales Executive you will be expected to do the following:
– Researching and understanding verticals and sweet spot prospects (250-5,000 seat mid-market size businesses)
– Maintaining a strong understanding of all my clients products – connectivity, mobile and UC
– Identifying key targets
– Documenting and presenting a strategic acquisition plan
Acquiring new customers
– Lead generation – cold-calling, networking, referrals etc.
– Converting inbound leads generated by telemarketing
– Lead nurturing – meetings, presentations, conference calls, proposals etc.
– Contracting – preparing and securing contractual documentation
Nurturing newly acquired customers
– Managing the delivery stage of the sales cycle
– Representing the customer’s needs within the organisation to ensure successful customer experience
– Account management for up to 12 months before handover to an account manager
– Maintaining and updating relevant CRM records
– Building propositions and business cases
– Placing orders through SCT
– Reporting against KPIs: updating pipeline weekly and providing updates, tracking meetings, calls product mix etc
– Supporting the Head of New Business as required
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change to meet the changing needs of the business.
Experience / Qualifications
• Must be target orientated, driven and have a competitive edge
• Technology industry knowledge is essential, preferably in a connectivity business or in an IT business where connectivity has been part of the portfolio
• A proven track record of success in competitive sales environment is essential
• A self-starter with a disciplined approach to selling
• Proven Hunter mentality with a track record of winning net new direct business
• You must be a keen collaborator
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
• Experience writing proposals and responding to RFPs
Benefits after probationary period
Free Health and subsidised dental care
Life assurance (3 x salary)
Discounted gym membership
FluidOne breakfast and refreshments on working days
Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
Free internet connectivity
£50 Birthday Voucher
Volunteer day scheme