- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Player/Manager – Network Aggregator
South UK — Attractive Base with Un-capped commission scheme + Company benefits
My client is a market leading network aggregator with a national fibre network. From its 19 anchor datacentres around the UK, it blends the services of 30 different asset owning communications providers, including IoT, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobile, Internet, WIFI, Cloud and hosting services into one ready to compare, ready to quote, ready to order, ready to use national service that can be tailored via its online portal, to support the connectivity needs of a broad cross-section of UK customers and partners.
Their vision is to be the best quality data connectivity provider to UK businesses, helping our customers and partners to securely connect any device, wherever they may be, to their mission critical applications and data.
Customer experience and high-quality service are at the heart of our strategy, and we have a market leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 70 as at Feb19 against a telecoms industry average of 35.
We are backed by a market leading private equity investor, which gives them investment firepower to grow the business. Our strategy is to grow both organically and via acquisition, bringing an increased range of connectivity related services to our customer base, including UC, IT Cloud, IoT and security, to support customers on their digital transformation journeys. Staff culture is key to our success, and the leadership team are committed to ensuring that we are one of the best places to work in the country. We are silver certified for Investors in People and in 2019 we were ranked in the best small Companies to work for.
This is a ‘Player–Manager’ position heading up a small team to support our tier one Strategic Partners. The individual will be disciplined, structured and self-motivated with a track record of selling to enterprise customers. The individual will have excellent attention to detail and a commitment to see things through to completion, doing whatever it takes to achieve objectives whilst maintaining quality.
As a team leader this person will own their own projects while supporting other members of the team in different accounts or smaller deals while using their experience to help these team members grow.
This person will be able to prove their ability to gain results by calling upon and managing resources, both internally and externally, to build and deliver solutions. They will need to be tenacious, focused, with clear communication skills effectively with others in direct or virtual teams.
High integrity and high credibility are a must, this person must be able to lead by example when it comes to handling C level discussions and negotiations. The candidate needs to be able to earn and command the respect of the team, peers and colleagues in other departments.
The purpose of this Sales Management role is to be responsible for driving the sales number of the partners identified as ‘Strategic’, achieving a targeted level of contract value for new/incremental business. You will also be responsible for working with your team to ensure my client are accepted as the preferred partner for the services that they provide in the specified accounts. You will also be expected to work with the Enterprise Sales Director and the Leadership Team to set the path for the team to follow in 2020 and beyond.
• Proactive management of key partner relationships
• Ensure that effective account mapping exercises are taking place with the sales teams or the designated partners
• Ensure that all opportunities are approached and managed in structured, methodical way, following my clients sales methods
• Lead, support and develop the team
• Manage pipeline of the team and ensure 30/60/90 days funnel is growing
• Ensure effective selling and promoting of the full-service portfolio in all opportunities
• Ensure the required levels of performance are achieved across the team, managing performance issues in a timely and structured manner
• Provide weekly/monthly sales reports on KPI’s, AGP and Sector Performance
• Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasts
• Ensure the team gains and maintains the required level of product knowledge
• Maintain and grow the motivated team culture
• Create an appropriately competitive success driven team culture through high profile reporting and recognition
• Be the first escalation point for the team
• Develop strong relationships at management level in key dependency groups such as Product, Pricing, Service Delivery to support the sales effort
• Any other duties commensurate to role
The Sales Manager (Strategic Partners) role is an instrumental senior position in the sales team that will contribute towards a combination of new business targets. Reporting to the Enterprise Sales Director you will work in conjunction with the Sales team to acquire 500+ employee businesses. You will be expected to maximise the potential of my clients comprehensive portfolio of unique voice and data solutions on offer through our strategic network partnerships.
The Sales Manager (Strategic Partners) will be targeted on a monthly basis, with achievable but challenging targets. In return, successful candidates will enjoy an excellent six figure package and award-winning company benefits.
• We are looking for a strong ability to lead by example
• Prior UK Telecoms new business sales experience
• Excellent leadership skills, either as a manager or team leader
• A proven track record of success in a competitive sales environment
• Must be a keen collaborator
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
• Must be target orientated, big dream motivated and have a competitive edge
• Extensive enterprise experience of selling Network Services, IOT, UC and Cloud services
Benefits after probationary period
Free Health and subsidised dental care
Life assurance (3 x salary)
Discounted gym membership
breakfast and refreshments on working days
Regular company outings- go karting, top golf, go ape to name a few
Pension contribution- 6% company contribution
Uncapped Holiday Entitlement
Free internet connectivity
£50 Birthday Voucher
Volunteer day scheme