- Backers organise funding campaign for Organise’s campaignsWith examples such as the recent unmasking of online retailer BooHoo’s supp…
- UK Government-led consortium buys into satellitesIt has been widely reported that a consortium, led by UK Government, is acq…
- DXC hit by ransomware attack within Xchanging armDXC Technology has revealed that its Xchanging subsidiary has been hit by a…
Sales Director – Ipswich
My client is very proud of its values and culture delivering projects on time, on budget and treating their customers and staff as people, first and foremost. They are looking for someone who takes ownership and gives leadership and strategic direction to the business and scaling ambition, securing new profitable customers, leading and mentoring other sales personnel, and reporting sales MI and KPIs effectively to the Board.
Main Responsibilities of the position
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO, other Directors and wider team
- Become a valued member of the Board to help drive the strategy and direction of the business
- Able to handle high levels of pressure and decision making respectfully
- Collaborate closely with other members of the team to create an envied culture and ways of working aligned with the company values, behaviours, strategy and direction.
- Take overall control of the sales function and drive the business beyond its yearly targets to meet the business scaling ambitions
- Define and manage the sales process, tooling and sales expenditure within budget
- Develop the customer relationship process, producing account plans for both new and existing customers
- Attend Industry events and conferences
Key Requirements of the role
A resilient high achiever, dissatisfied with mediocrity, or just meeting targets and objectives, with bravery to dare, fail and determination to win, without overpromising or alienating team, clients or contacts.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the ideal candidate will be accountable for the entire sales function, overseeing all sales related activities. They will be prospecting and closing relationships with key target clients, developing growth strategies with Board members, and creating a standardised approach to the opportunity pipeline.
They should be able to think creatively about how to approach new opportunities, be able to motivate other members of the team and lead, drive and manage lead generation and sales activity within the internal sales team. Have a passion for technology and be able to communicate offerings in a clear and simple manner.
- 5 years experience successfully selling and managing teams in the ICT industry
- Strong Leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth
- Strong Leadership skills, team orientation and desire to excel
- Strong management skills including decision making, negotiation, risk management and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solver, analytical and organised
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Positive attitude and contribution to the team vibe in a small office
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.