- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Sales Specialist – Business Continuity
My client was established in 1983 and has over 35 years of experience and expertise in providing innovative products and services. Our financial strength, and breadth and quality of services offered, together with our enviable record of success within the private and public sectors, our cash reserves, recent strategic acquisitions and the quality of contracts held are an assurance of our future growth.
Specifically, the Disaster Recovery business has been providing class-leading services and products to the UK for over 25 years and has been wholly owned by my client since 2004. Traditionally they have provided Office Recovery and Ship-to-Site solutions, and they are still significantly contributing to the company, but for nearly a decade now we have also been delivering data solutions and this is becoming increasingly important. Cloud computing and Cloud backup services is a major strategic target for my client and they will lead the company’s objectives towards these evolving markets.
My client has enjoyed growth in 2020 growing by 31% revenue to £126M and building on the foundations set down this year looking for further growth in 2021 and as a result are looking to recruit highly energetic individuals to help underpin future growth and long term strategy.
My client actively seeks to attract talented ambitious individuals, to nurture and develop through their career with the organisation. The Group comprises of wholly owned companies and a joint venture business, so the opportunity to build a wide and varied career path truly exists.
All employees have the opportunity to learn from successful, capable business professionals within the organisation, to absorb knowledge and experience first-hand how a thriving business privately owned business operates.
My client is looking to appoint a driven and enthusiastic Business Development Executive. The focus will be to maintain and grow our existing customer base, and drive net-new business into the portfolio. It is exciting times with our customer’s IT strategy changing more towards, for example, cloud-type solutions and we have a great opportunity to help them achieve this and build upon the relationships and achieve more market share.
In this capacity he/she is responsible for identifying net new opportunities within both existing and target customer base, developing key relationships with the aim of expanding our knowledge base within these accounts providing all my clients portfolio of products and services.
As a Business Development Executive you are responsible for:
· Managing and developing both existing accounts and obtaining new business
· Identifying and targeting ‘solution gaps’ through account mapping exercise
· Achieving/Exceeding Monthly/Quarterly and Annual Targets/KPI’s
· Ensuring services are delivered to the customer in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant contract
· Providing an accurate monthly forecast of revenue and gross margin for your accounts to the Private Sector Business Unit Manager
· Being an exponent of, and complying with, my clients Core Values and policies.
Collaborate & Influence
Conviction & Courage
Drive for Results
Focus & Prioritisation
Makes an effort to connect with people outside the immediate team and has the ability to positively influence the way others think.
Will take a stand and share a point of view, understanding he/she may not always be right.
Effectively communicates his/her thoughts in a well-organised and effective manner in order to get the desired message across.
Is professional and positive in interacting with others and is able to establish rapport quickly, treating others with courtesy and respect.
Demonstrates a strong work ethic committed to seeing tasks through to completion, whilst taking responsibility for and taking pride in achieving successful results.
Pushes him/herself to think beyond the obvious, contributing new ideas to enhance and ways of working and ensure high quality deliverables.
Develops measurable objectives, with management guidance, to focus and prioritise what is important, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of work/projects.
· Experience in, for example,
– Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Services
– IT Sales – Hardware, Software and add-on services
– IT Professional/Managed Services
– Migration and backup technologies, e.g. for Office 0365
· Driven to find and uncover new sales opportunities
· Excellent customer relationship skills
· Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
· Reviewing and understanding customer contracts
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Competent in MS office suite i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
· The evolving IT Cloud solutions
· IT Managed Services
· IT product knowledge
· Infrastructure as a service
· Good IT Social Media understanding and presence
· IT Security
· IT Audio & Visual and UC
· Relevant degree such as Business, Computing, or Engineering
Courage To Challenge
Ensure customer satisfaction is our number one priority
Be true to your work and go the extra mile to deliver on your promise
Have the strength to make a difference and don’t be afraid to constructively challenge the status quo
Be innovative and do all that is reasonable to deliver a positive outcome
Giving your time and energy in the best interests of the Company