- Pinterest bid highlights the challenge for financial servicesPaypal’s rumoured interest in a $40bn bid for social media platform Pintere…
- *NEW RESEARCH* UK Infrastructure Operations Market Trends & ForecastsSubscribers to TechSectorViews can now access our UK Infrastructure Operati…
- Backers construct funding for Materials MarketIt always amuses me when online marketplaces claim to be ‘cutting out the m…
Sales Specialist – Digital Workplace
UK Wide — Competitive Base + Un-Capped Comm Plan
My client is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. We continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers.
We see an increasing opportunity in our target market for significant Digital Workplace transformation programmes and as a consequence we are looking for Solutions Specialists to join our End User Services division.
With a proven track record in selling IT Infrastructure Solutions and Professional & Managed Services and capabilities in the new and emerging solutions, the successful applicant will be an End User Services subject matter expert, responsible for engaging, understanding, qualifying and leading the successful closure of solutions and service opportunities.
The specialist will be responsible for creating, selling and commercially owning significant Solution Sales engagements (typically values of £2 to £10m) which combine Professional Services, Managed Services and Technology elements.
- To provide end-to-end ownership for a specialist aligned opportunity on behalf of the End User Services business
- Developing, leading and owning multiple opportunities, selling to major UK / Global Enterprise and Central Government customers
- Support the qualification process with the customer account teams
- Assisting the customer through a process of understanding their requirements, defining a solution, creating a compelling proposition and responsible for negotiating commercials and closing the deal
- Responsible for managing the internal service providers and any external suppliers
- Support, guide and coach the sales team to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals across all vertical sectors
- Drive partnership & collaboration with key vendors
- Develop strategy to maximise opportunities and grow market share
- Ensure high levels on internal and external stakeholder satisfaction through the sales cycle and project delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven track record in selling large transformation IT infrastructure projects
- Experience of working as a specialist, (someone who is opportunity aligned rather than customer aligned) and clearly understands the dynamics this brings
- Experience working with Tier 1 End User Services Partners (especially Microsoft, Citrix, Vmware, Dell, Intel, HP and Lenovo)
- Demonstrable vendor experience, influencing and developing strategic partnerships
- Proven experience of working with multiple manufacturers and partners; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Credible specialist knowledge and can articulate this well whilst communicating effectively with the client up to C-suite
- The ability to work effectively with technical solution experts in defining the right proposition for a specific clients’ needs
- The ability to manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception to delivery start and commercial close
- The ability to adapt style to customer requirements
- Strong understanding of strategic and technology issues in the End User Workplace market
- Understanding of commercial and risk management in a Solutions environment
- Ability to manage complex sales campaigns, and engaging, building and maintaining relationships at a senior level