Business Development Manager – Edge Computing UK Wide Competitive Base + Uncapped Comm Plan
Sales Manager – Retail and Supply Chain UK Wide Six Figure Base + Competitive Bonus/Commission Plan
Strategic Account Manager – Sustainability/Social Value UK Wide Competitive Base + Uncapped Comm + Fantastic Benefits
- Vin Murria withdraws from M&C Saatchi bidding war with huge profitThere has never been a sure-fire way of making money. But the closest I hav…
- *UKHotViewsExtra* Getting to know PSA specialist KantataFormed from the merger of Kimble and Mavenlink, Kantata is a dedicated prof…
- Wayve scales up autonomous vehicle tech with Microsoft supercomputingUK start-up Wayve is to use supercomputer infrastructure designed for it by…
Service Provider BDM – ‘Edge’ Computing
Nationwide — Attractive Base and uncapped comm plan + benefits
My client is committed to become The UK’s leading provider of Edge Computing. Their strong heritage and track record for regional clients and datacentres makes us uniquely placed to become the UK’s nationwide platform for Service Providers, in particular Telco’s/ Software Vendors and Systems Integrators.
My client has a unique opportunity to develop relationships and work with the Service Provider Community to develop their Edge propositions and grow market share. This has created the need for a new role of Service Provider Business Development Manager (BDM).
The Service Provider BDM is responsible for identifying, developing and acquiring new Logo businesses and closing business opportunities from within the Service Provider community. The role will be pivotal in evangelising the “Edge” proposition as the foundation to support and enhance the Service Providers current capabilities.
- Identifying new logo key target accounts within the Service Provider market for my clients Portfolio, in particular for ‘Edge’ propositions.
- Work with marketing, CTO functions and sales leadership to develop a specific Go to Market strategy for Service Providers; to develop the propositions required; communication strategy and business development approach to position my client as the UK edge provider of choice.
- Undertake detailed sales plans that demonstrates detailed knowledge of the Service Provider strategic direction, buying cycles, buyer persona and macro-economic environment.
- Manage the end-to-end sales cycle/process for each opportunity to conclusion to reach or exceed sales targets
- Build, develop and maintain relationships across all levels of the Service Providers business, utilising the wider team to establish broader account penetration. We are looking for people confident and competent at C level where these strategic partnerships with reside.
- Identify, understand, and solve any obstacles or objections to the successful sale of services within the Service Provider and or within my client.
- Be the voice of the Service Provider market within my client.
- Develop and manage internal relationships, earning the respect of colleagues at all levels across the business ensuring a cohesive internal structure
- Adhere to my client’s best practice sales and internal qualification and approval processes
- Report and forecast of sales opportunities and pipeline growth through accurate use of Dynamics CRM
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Executive Leadership team.
- All roles will be required to handle confidential information and/or sensitive data in a professional manner and in line with existing Company processes and policies.
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
- This list is not exhaustive but provides an indicator of likely tasks and responsibilities.
- This role requires regular travel to Service Provider sites and my client locations.
- This role may require Monday to Sunday out of hours working where necessary.
- Targets are based upon new Annual Order Value (AOV), and Professional Services.
Education & Qualifications
· Minimum Degree level or equivalent in relevant discipline / proven equivalent commercial working experience.
· Minimum GCSE / O level, or equivalent, in English, Maths.
· Certification of sales techniques for example Miller Heiman, SPIN, TAS or equivalent.
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Relevant industry recognised qualifications i.e. Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMWare, WAN and ITIL
· Service Provider background
· Executive Conversation
· Value Added Selling
· Negotiation Skills
· Service Management Fundamentals
· Proven commercial experience as a Senior Sales Professional in an account management or new business solution sales environment within the Service Provider / Technology sector. Preferably with a focus in Cloud, IaaS, PaaS or Professional Services industry.
· Proven experience of strategic selling at Technical and CXO Level.
· Clear understanding and approach to successfully sell into the Service Provider Market
· Strong B2B full life cycle solutions sales experience.
· Extensive experience of operating in virtual team environments.
· Demonstrate experience of being able to manage complex solution sales
· Minimum 10yrs experience in the Service Provider market.
Competencies & skills
· Demonstrable experience of working with and developing Service Provider (SIs, ISVs, Telco) relationships.
· Proven ability in negotiating and closing complex opportunities
· The ability to work effectively with people in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and drive results monthly whilst deploying a long-term development strategy.
· Excellent client service skills with strong interpersonal, presentation and written skills
· An enthusiastic, driven, committed and flexible approach to work
· Solutions driven, confident and friendly approach in dealing with clients
· Natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working
· Excellent analytical, process and documentation skills.
· High degree of commercial acumen
· Excellent standard of written and spoken English
· Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
· Good problem-solving skills
· Keen interest in, and passionate about “Edge” computing
· Be open to new ideas and have a positive outlook
· Private/Public/Edge Cloud paradigm
· Service Provider ISV/Telco/SI
· Currently in a similar role
· Professional sales training and sales process knowledge
· Internet technology and business savvy
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs
· Excellent understanding of customer business challenges and the ability to translate these into my clients capabilities
· Broad, relevant knowledge of technology and the impact it has in an ever-changing business environment.